We are looking for volunteers each Saturday for 8 weeks to help us with Boccia at Mitre 10 Sports Park.
We require the following:-
- Helping set up the court - 12.00 - 1.30pm
- Timekeepers/scorers, ramp or thrower assistants - 1.30pm - 3.00pm
- Pack down at the end - 3.00 - 3.30pm
Although we prefer that volunteers to be available for the 8 weeks if you are keen but can't commit to that we welcome any support you can give.
You will be supporting athletes to fine tune their playing and competitive skills leading up to the National tournament.
Guidance on how to support in the different roles will be provided leading up to and on the day.
Boccia is an indoor sport designed for athletes with a disability affecting locomotor function. It can be played by both men and women of all ages and abilities either in pairs or in teams of three.
Competitors are seated and use a soft leather ball which they can throw, kick, or use a ramp to propel the ball onto the court aiming to get it close to the target ball (jack).
More information about the sport of Boccia can be found on the Boccia NZ website https://boccia.org.nz/
- Interested in working with disabled athletes
- Keen to learn more about the game of Boccia
- Is willing to give assistance as required
- Able to be relaxed and have fun